The YEWTHS ROC program is an interactive, service-learning curriculum designed to empower youth to make a positive difference in their schools, their community and the world. It promotes acceptance and understanding of people’s differences and motivates them to become an agent of change for people living with disabilities.
Please feel free to download any or all of the files listed below. Each file is in a PDF format and will download quickly. If you decide to download all the files at once (“All Lessons “) that download time may be a minute or two depending upon your connection speed.
Note that there are three core lessons that form the basis of the program. The additional lessons are designed to be taught as a compliment to the core, in the sequence below. The additional lessons are recommended, but not required. Specific instructions for lesson activities can be found on the Resources Page.
- Core One – Introduction (1 class period)
- Additional Lesson – Cultural Awareness (1 class period)
- Additional Lesson – Disability Awareness (1 – 3 class periods)
- Art Lesson (coming soon)
- Math Lesson (coming soon)
- Science Lesson (coming soon)
- Additional Lesson – Connection Activities (2 – 3 class periods)
- Additional Lesson – Manufacturing*
- Core Two – Social Entrepreneurship (2 – 5 class periods)
- Ceramic Beads (coming soon)
- Core Three – Celebration (1 class period)
*Only available in certain areas. Requires an onsite staff visit.